© 2010 Glowmundo Creations, a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to cultivating inner strength in children. All rights reserved.
“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom”
~ Victor Frankl
Self awareness is described as the capacity for introspection and gauge our mental and emotional state reconciling ourselves as an individual separate from the environment and other individuals.
Developing self-awareness early in life allows children to make better decisions as they enter the teenage and adult years.
When we are self aware we know:
- Where our thinking is standing: "Mind muck" or "Glow Thoughts"
- Our strengths and weaknesses
- What motivates us and makes us happy
- What we want to change about ourselves or about our life
- How we see ourselves as a person
- To be aware of our inner and outer experiences
We focus on building understanding of these core concepts:
- Pillar #1 My difficulties are the result of my Mind Muck (negative thinking) and negative feelings and actions.
- Pillar #2 My Mind Muck and negative actions cause me to feel bad and negatively influences my friends, family and community.
- Pillar #3 My happiness and joy is the result of my Glow Thoughts (positive thinking) and positive feelings and actions.
- Pillar #4 My Glow Thoughts cause me to be happy and positively influences my friends, family and community.
The Ultimate "Glow Thought":
"I always have a choice in how I respond to my circumstances and to what others think, say and do."